Search This Blog

Thursday 17 December 2009

DemonFM Blog 2 - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Blog

Here's Blog Number 2!

----------------------------------------------------------
Well, here we go, blog entry two! And in case you hadn't guessed, my titles are actually album titles! Witty eh?! Ok, ok, dont all cheer at once....And for those of you interested, "Sketches for my Sweetheart the Blog" is actually "Sketches for my Sweetheart the Drunk", the final proper studio album that Jeff Buckley made. And last weeks "Return of the Blog Cowboy" is actually "Return of the Space Cowboy", one of my favourite Jamiroquai albums....go check them out!

Anywho, back to the blog! DemonFM has been a bustling hive of activity as ever, leaving the people in charge with plenty to do! Keep checking the website, there are blogs, podcasts, and interviews a plenty, for those of you who like to know exactly what were doing! In other news, im nearly at the end of my recording session with the lovely Lucy Norris, i've just got to go and lay down some guitar/drum/synth/violin parts now, and get my little brother in to play bass. And as soon as they're mixed, ill be throwing them out for you guys to listen to and critique. Also, as were talking about Lucy, she's supporting a band on Friday at LE1 as far as im aware, so you should get down there. She played at the hub last night, and I wish I could talk about the improv songs, but alas, i may get a slap on the wrist, as the language wasn't really blog friendly!

Now, what else have I been doing since the last blog.....oh yes! Some new music! Them Crooked Vultures, a supergroup consisting of Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters/Nirvana), Joshua Homme (Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age), and the legend that is John Paul-Jones (Led Zep), have released thier album (Its self titled, just so you know). Thumping tracks, sounds just how you'd expect actually. Some tracks are very Queens of the Stone Age, whereas others definately have that Led Zeppelin Edge to them, so definately worth a listen. Also, John Mayers new album "Battle Studies" has been relased. Again, its a solid album back to front, with that blues/pop/rock sound that he's made his own. Good cover of Crossroads (made famous by Cream/Eric Clapton) on there too, and in my opinion, this is his best album yet.

Anyway, thats enough from me for now, best get back to my work...the joys of Transistor Theory and Osciallating Circuits...Im A University Student, GET ME OUT OF HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment